Masters Track and Field Annual Law & Legislation Committee Report, 2008
for the Reno Convention – Prepared Sept. 18, 2008
Notes: This is not an L&L year. The main L&L focus has been on the restructuring of the USATF Board of Directors as mandated by USOC, an issue for USATF L&L Committee.
Work Accomplished by Chair
- Updated MTF Operating Rules following action taken at Hawaii convention.
- Sent copy of the updated document to members of the MTF Executive
Committee to review.
- Sent copy of the newly revised MTF Operating Rules to the chair and
secretary of the USATF L & L committee.
- At the recommendation of the USATF L&L Committee Chair and USATF
President proceeded to make “editorial” change throughout the document to
change title from MTF Operating Rules to MTF Operating Procedures.
- Responded to comments from Bob Weiner regarding discrepancy in wording
in one section regarding composition of the MTF Executive Committee. Still
waiting to get official minutes to check difference.
- Attended special meeting of the USATF L &L Committee which was held in
Eugene the time of the Olympic Trials in early July.
- Reviewed all communications sent between Bill Roe and the USOC regarding
restructuring of the USATF Board of Directors.
- Sent report to MTF Chair regarding the L&L meeting in Eugene with copies of
- Reported to MTF Executive Committee during conference call and meeting in
Spokane about the restructuring issues and projected procedures.
Work in Progress (October - November)
- Attend meeting of USATF L &L Committee in Indianapolis, Oct. 17-18.
- Serve as a member of the MTF Ad Hoc Committee on Restructuring
- Respond to correspondence regarding restructuring.
- Determine the exact wording defining the composition of the MTF
Executive Committee in the MTF Operation Procedures as revised Dec. 2007
Future Activities: (December – following convention)
Yet to be determined.
Becky Sisley, Chair