Join/Renew Now

Minutes - 10/27/2010 Masters Track and Field Executive Committee

Phone Conference Call

Attendees:
Chair Gary Snyder
Vice Chair Robert Thomas
Secretary Jeff Brower

Christel Donley, Bob Weiner, Jerry Bookin-Weiner, Jerry Donley, Jim Flanik, John Oleski, Lester Mount, Mark Cleary, Mary Trotto, Max Hamlyn, Rex Harvey, Rose Schlewitz & Stephen Cohen

Absent - Treasurer Carroll DeWeese

8:06 PM CST - Gary started the meeting.

Annual Meeting Issues

  • New Schedule - has been reduced to save money. About 4-5 hours of meeting time has been eliminated.
  • Hotels and Convention Center Locations - Shuttles will transport people back and forth.
  • Committee Expense Limits - Roughly $4000 is available to cover Annual Meeting expenses. Tere may be some money left over to help with the travel of others. The expenses of the Officers and Region Coordinators should be covered, and Gary asked the group how to divide the remainder. Rose said her expenses would be covered by her Association. This will be discussed further.
  • Championship Bids 8:00 AM Friday - Many bids have been received for upcoming championships in future years.
  • Reports to Jeff by 11/15/10. Jeff will send out a reminder.
  • Reduced verbal reports - recommend we limit the time allowed for reports.

Old Business
  • Treasurers’ Report - Carroll, though absent, has distributed a year-to-date budget report to the group. Gary said he has done a great job. While some expenses haven't appeared yet, Gary expects us to have a surplus. Bob said we need to put it to good use.
  • Forever Fast Film and Phase II - John O - Essentially complete. Gary thinks it looks great. Now the rollout must occur. Regional Coordinators can help identify people to present this in the future. Robert mentioned 24-Hour Fitness (one of the USATF sponsors) as a super potential body to help with this presentation. USATF Clubs should get the DVD. Bob knows he can put it to great use.
  • Anti Doping Testing Criteria 2011 - Who's going to pay for this? What's the cutoff age? This will be discussed more at the Annual Meeting. The process was discussed . Bob reminded the group that we should remain independent of LDR. Rex reminded the group that only a few (1-3) people would actually be on the committee that deals directly with athletes.
  • Permanent WMA Delegates - Gary had distributed a document via email. There will not be permanent WMA delegates. Rather, term limits were proposed for these delegates, with the intent of keeping an experienced person in this critical role for a few terms, and allowing the term of the other delegate to overlap so they can meet people and learn about the process from the other delegate. The group discussed the handout and will discuss further.
  • MTF/MLDR Athlete of the Year Selection Process - Who will go to the Jesse Owens Banquet? The National Office is saying they don't have time to make AOY presentations for both MLDR & MTF. MTF will continue to pay for the MTF AOY to attend the convention and banquet. Suggestions regarding additional recognition were discussed, such as a presentation of the MTF AOY during the Awards Breakfast.
  • Invitational Program Review - Mark is working on this. Indoors, Mark is considering the 60MH for Men and 60M for women.
  • Clinic Model - Robert is working on this issue.

New Business
  • IAAF Masters Candidate - Rex's term is up but he would be happy to run again for this position. LDR will present their candidate.
  • Review of Website - Jeff will lead a discussion at the annual meeting regarding the website, where it's been, where it's going.
  • Mark asked about phone reimbursement. Gary discussed what can be covered in some circumstances and agreed that it's a difficult item to get reimbursed for.
  • Train the Trainer Sessions for Phase II at Indoor Meet - Will be discussed at our next meeting.
  • Records Chair Response Process - Will be discussed at our next meeting.
  • National Results - Bob brought up the need (that Mary has mentioned before) that USA athletes should get proper recognition in results as champions, and the handling of foreign athletes in results must be corrected so that this proper recognition occurs. Rex will follow-up with Hytek.
  • Phil Raschker - Bob said a great story will be coming out soon.

Next Conference Call on November 17th, 9:00 EST.

Minutes by Jeff Brower

Nike Visa BMW Gatorade Rosetta Stone Gill Athletics University of Phoenix St. Vincent Lynx