National Team Coaching Staff Application Procedures – 2013 IAAF World Championships
USA Track & Field is accepting applications for team coaching/competition coordinators positions for the 2013 IAAF World Championships in Athletics. Applications must be submitted
online no later than November 5, 2012. Selections will be governed by Regulation 17 of the bylaws of USA Track & Field.
Please read all of the criteria carefully and only apply for this staff if you are eligible.
Contact Sandy Snow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-392-1027 for questions concerning the application and selection process.
2013 IAAF World Championships
A pool of candidates meeting the criteria for the 2013 IAAF World Championships coaching/competition coordinators staff will be developed from the online applications received by the November 5, 2012 deadline.
The Men’s International Staff Subcommittee and the Women’s International Staff Subcommittee will convene at the 2012 Annual Meeting to select the proposed list of team coaching/competition coordinators staff for the 2013 IAAF World Championships for submission to the CEO for background screening and the Board of Directors for approval.
All applicants for the 2013 IAAF World Championships must meet the following basic criteria in addition to the specific criteria listed for head coach and assistant coach/competition coordinator positions.
Selection of Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches
- Candidates must be a current member of the USATF Coaches’ Registry
- Candidates cannot serve as members of the Men’s & Women’s International Staff Subcommittee
- Candidates must submit a completed online application to USATF and must provide a full and accurate disclosure of prior experience in the National
Team staff program.
- False representation of National Team staff experience will immediately disqualify an individual from the pool of candidates.
- The application and all pertinent information must be completed online and submitted by November 5, 2012.
Head Coach applicants in addition to the above criteria must:
- Have been an assistant coach on a previous World Outdoor Championships, Pan American Games or Olympic Games team, or must have served as Head Coach for any previous National Team with a full complement of events within the last 12 years.
- Be a current collegiate, personal or club coach of at least one junior or senior athlete who has competed in the USATF National Championships during the last 12 years.
Assistant Coaches/Competition Coordinators in addition to the basic criteria must:
- Have served at least as an assistant coach on a previous National Team with a full complement of events within the last 12 years.
- Have demonstrated an ability to be a good facilitator for elite athletes and their personal coaches.
- Be a current collegiate, personal or club coach of at least one (1) junior or senior athlete who has competed in the USATF National Championships during the last 12 years.
REQUIREMENTS UPON ACCEPTANCE:
- All Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches must attend a least one IAAF Rules and National Team Procedures Seminar offered at the USATF Outdoor National Championships or at the USATF Annual Meeting the year prior to the competition for which the coach has been selected.
- Staff members must submit all documentation required by USA Track & Field.
Click here for the application link for 2013 IAAF World Championships.