If you are interested in teaching at a Level 1 School you must complete the
Instructor Training Course (ITC). ITC schools are typically held in conjunction with Level
- Must have completed at least two areas of the Level 2 program. The
second Level 2 program may be completed immediately following the ITC during
the summer program. Successful completion of both the ITC and the second
area of Level 2 is required in order for credit to be given for ITC.
- Must have a minimum of five years of Track & Field/Cross Country coaching
experience at a high school, college or USATF registered club. Only Track &
Field coaching experience gained after the age of 21 will be considered.
- Must submit a minimum of two letters of recommendation written
specifically for admittance into this program.
- Attend the ITC (see application process below).
- Plan and present lessons using a variety of media as well as techniques
from differing event groups.
- Recognition as a USATF Level 1 Instructor
- USATF coaching education instructor's materials
- Eligibility to teach at Level 1 coaching education schools
About ITC Schools
Instructor Training Courses are typically four-day courses held in conjunction
with Level 2 schools. The course consists of classroom instruction as well as
hands-on training. Attendance at all sessions is required.
The cost for an ITC school varies by location.
How to Apply
To apply for the ITC, please complete the
Level 2 application and select "Instructor Training Course" or "Level 2 -
Event Specific & ITC" as your preferred category.