Events in bold will be contested at the Trials. Events listed directly
below those being contested may be used as alternates for qualifying. See
Qualifying Guidelines below for full details.
Qualifying window: January 1, 2006 - October 7, 2007, or October 2, 2005
| 5,000m (track)
| 10,000m (track)
- The qualifying mark must be made in a race on a certified course
recognized by USA Track & Field or a member federation of the
International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).
- The qualifying standards must be met from January 1, 2006
through October 7, 2007 or at the 2005 USA Marathon Championships (October 2, 2005).
- All qualifying performances are subject to verification.
- "Gun" time is the only acceptable method of timing. Chip/net
times cannot be used for qualifying.
- Fully automatic timing (F.A.T.) is the only method of timing acceptable
for qualifying marks from track events.
- Athletes must meet the "B" standard in order to enter the
USATF Rule 10.3(b) regarding Automatic Qualification will be used.
An athlete is eligible for automatic qualification into the U.S. Olympic Team
Trials - Men's Marathon if that athlete has, during the year 2007, or during the
four previous calendar years (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006), accomplished one of the
- Earned an individual medal in an Olympic Games or in an IAAF World
- Won an individual USA Marathon Championship.
- Won a U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Men's Marathon event.
In addition, automatic qualification into the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials -
Men's Marathon will be provided to those athletes who were members of a past
U.S. Men's Olympic Marathon Team.
Click here for selection
procedures for the Olympic Games.