To be considered for the USATF 100 km team, American runners must be current
USATF members and meet one of the qualification standards shown below.
- Athletes will be selected based on performances at USATF/MUT National
Championships and other major U.S. and international ultra distance
races at the 100 km and 50 mile distances.
- The qualifying period is January
1, 2004 - March 6, 2005. Click here for a list of 50
mile and 100
- Athletes who finish in the top ten overall in the men's and women's
competition at the 2004 IAU 100 km World Cup will automatically be named
to the 2005 USATF 100 km team.
- Performances will be ranked in the following order:
- 100 km performances under 7:40 (men) and 8:40 (women)
- 50 mile performances under 5:50 (men) and 6:50 (women)
- If team spots remain open after #3 and #4 above have been applied, the following additional standards will be used to rank other
significant performances between January 1, 2004 and March 6, 2005.
Multiple qualifying performances will be given priority over a single
|100 km road/track
|100 km trail
|50 mile road/track
|50 mile trail
|50 km road/track
|50 km trail
|100 mile road/track
|100 mile trail
|24 hour road/track/trail
Runners interested in qualifying for the 2005 team may submit running resumes,
but resumes are not required to be considered for the team.
Selected runners and alternates will be notified on or before March 15, 2005,
with an official team announcement to follow.
Interested runners who would like
more information or who would like to submit a resume for consideration should
Men: Stan Ferguson
Women: Lorraine Gersitz