U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Track & Field Media Kit
(PDF - 950 KB)
Deadline for application is June 1, 2004.
When applying for media credentials, please follow these guidelines:
- Only one credential application per media outlet will be accepted. Please
coordinate with news, sports and photography editors.
- Sports Editors, Sports Directors or Photo Editors must submit the
- Hotel, phone, parking and shuttle information will be distributed once an
organization has been accredited. Room reservations for the media hotel
(Radisson/Sacramento) must be processed through the Olympic Trials media
- Freelance writers and/or photographers must list the name(s) of the
organization(s) you will be working for in Olympic Trials coverage.
Click here for the Media
Credential Application Form (via LOC).
Olympic Trials Statistics
The History of the U.S. Olympic Trials Track & Field, by Richard
S. Hymans, is now for sale in the USATF
The following PDF file contains the book's first, introductory section,
with valuable statistics about the Olympic Trials:
- Historical Introduction
- Olympic Trials qualifying standards
- Word records at the Olympic Trials
- Progression of Olympic Trials records
- Olympic Trials all-time lists
- U.S. 4- and 5-time Olympians
- Collegiate, Olympic Trials and Olympic performances
- Youngest and Oldest Olympians
Click here to download and read the
Click here to order
a copy of the more than 600-page History of the U.S. Olympic Trials
Track & Field, by Richard Hymans.