Events: Ultrarunning, mountain running, trail running
Born: June 12, 1958
Current Residence: Charlotte, Vermont
College: Johnson State College
Clubs: Green Mountain Athletic Association
100 Mile: Burning River 100, July 2010; 16:22
50 Mile: JFK 50 Mile, Nov. 2010; 6:29:17
Marathon: Boston Marathon, 2008, 2:43:28
- 2010 3rd place overall, age group winner at USATF National 100 Mile Trail
- 2010 10th place overall, age group course record (6:29:17) at JFK 50
- 2010 2nd place overall, master’s course record at Finger Lakes 50 Mile
- 2010 New age group record at North Face Bear Mountain 50 Mile Trail Race
- 2009 Top 10 Fastest Times for a 100 mile race based on the 2009 VT 100
Mile Endurance Race
- 2009 Overall winner at VT 100 Mile Endurance Race (16:36:21)
- 2009 Overall winner at Finger Lakes 50K Trail Race (4:16:22)
- 2009 3rd Overall, 1st Master's (6:51) Stone Cat 50 Mile Trail Race
- 2009 2nd Overall, 1st Master at Nipmuck Trail Marathon, new age group
- 2009 4th Overall, 1st Master and age group record at North Face Bear
Mountain 50 Mile Trail Race
- 2009 Ultrarunning’s North American Age Group Performances of the Year
for Men, 2nd place based on the VT 100 mile race
- 2009 Competed in two USTAF National Team Club Championships with the
Green Mountain Athletic Association 50’s team. The GMAA Team came in 1st
place for both the 5K Road Race in Syracuse, NY and also the 10K XC Race in
- 2008 3rd Overall, new age group record (21:47:43) at Wasatch Front 100
Mile Endurance Race
- 2008 2nd Overall, masters age group record (6:55:13) at Finger Lakes, 50
Mile Trail Race
- 2008 Top 10 Fastest Times for a 100 mile race based on the 2008 VT 100
Mile Endurance Race.
Jack was late coming into his running career but was always an endurance
athlete. After his first marathon in 2001, Jack continued going farther
and longer and started to compete in the ultra events in 2005. He runs all
distances from the 5K to the 100 mile but truly prefers running the longer
distances on the trails.
In their own words...
Running achievement I am most proud of: Winning the VT 100 Mile
Endurance Run in 2009 at the age of 51.
Why I run: Because I can and for the simplicity of running. I enjoy
throwing on the shoes and running in the woods for hours.
Future Goals: Grand Slam, Hardrock 100, Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc.
Favorite quote: “The longer I run the smaller the problems become”