Official’s Chair Report
BECOME A PARALYMPICS OFFICIAL
Any USATF Official who wants also to become a Paralympics official can go on-line to http://www.cvent.com/d/5cqq0h The test will be auto graded and Catherine Sellers, Director, ParalympicTrack and Field High Performance, of the USOC will let me know that you have passed the test, and request my verification that you are a current USATF Certified Official. Being such, you will be recognized by USOC as a Paralympic Official. Any questions, please contact me, Dr Bill Price at email@example.com.
USATF PVA OFFICIALS CERTIFICATION CLINICS
There is one clinic now scheduled:
March 8, 2013 from 6 – 9 pm at the PG Complex in one of conference rooms. Ask at main desk for directions to the room. See PG Complex
The time to certify/re-certify for the 2013-2016 Olympiad is here. Please read this entire message to ensure your "full certification status". This means you are not certified until you fulfill the following:
1. You must have paid your USATF membership ($30) for the 2013 season. This can be done online: www.usatf.org/membership. Remember they only accept VISA credit cards. The 10 digit id should be sent to me. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Potomac Valley fee is $35 ($15 National & $20 for PVA) per Olympiad or 4 years. If you write a check make it out to "PVA".
3. The PVA Association T&F Officials mandate your attending a clinic. The clinic schedule will be posted on the www.usatf.org/assoc/pva web site.
4. We will re-photograph ID head shot for the new cards.
5. There are new applications to be filled out by everyone. They are posted at http://www.usatf.org/groups/officials/certification/forms.asp. If you can not access the USATF web site, email me and I will send.
6. There are new reviews (tests) for each area. They will be distributed at clinics. They can be downloaded from http://www.usatf.org/groups/officials/certification/forms.asp. web site. All reviews (tests) will be scored as a part of the new certification process for advancement.
7. You must sign a commitment to abide by the code of ethics.
8. Make a list of all the meets you have worked since the last certification (2008) including the positions worked and who you worked for.
9. If there are any questions, email me at: email@example.com
Bill Price, USATF PVA Officials Certification Chair
to PG Complex – From 495 South:
Take Landover road exit 17B. Get
into left land off the ramp onto Landover Road.
Take left onto Brightseat Road. Follow green overhead signs
through light onto Redskins Road. Take
immediate right into Green Lot D3 & D4.
From Sheriff Road:
Follow Sheriff Road toward Fed Ex Field past the Sportsplex entrance.
Stay in the right hand lane.
Take a right turn before the light at Sheriff and Brightseat road
intersections onto Redskins Road. Take
an immediate right into Green Lot D3 & D4.