An Intern in the Marketing department is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate daily operations of the Marketing Team.
- Schedule daily marketing meetings, organize notes and deliver concise
- Manage the quarterly marketing calendar.
- Conduct fact-finding research on sponsor prospects utilizing industry
magazines and newsletters.
- Coordinate and execute ongoing "Agency Strategy"
- Assist with development and service to current sponsors including the
development of sponsor presentations and recap books.
- Assist in the development and execution of sponsor related event benefits.
- Investigate and research key leads and trends in sponsorship
- Developing sponsor event summary reports and sponsor proposals.
- Developing new marketing opportunities and maintain sponsorship library.
- Participating in event planning and preparation.
Requirements for the position include:
- At least a college junior and majoring in Business, Sports Marketing or
- Previous experience in special events.
- Energetic, creative and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to compile
Note: All interns with USA Track & Field are eligible to receive a
stipend. School credit and parking assistance can also be arranged.