An Intern in the High Performance Department is responsible for the
Assist the Director in the following areas/tasks:
- Oversight of USATF’s High Performance programs, consisting of 60-plus
Committee programs, with a budget of $700,000.
- Preparation of program and financial reports on USATFs High Performance
Relay program, with a budget of $110,000.
- Research and preparation of reports, charts and budgets for USATFs
submission to the U.S. Olympic Committee of its 2009-2012 High Performance
- Maintain records of USA track & field athlete’s performances and earnings
at IAAF Grand Prix and Championships meets/events.
- Oversight of USATF High Performance sponsored/supported track meets.
- Work on the NACAC Under-23 Championships track meet. Assist the High Performance Programs Coordinator in the following
Assist the High Performance Programs Coordinator in the following
- Oversight of the USA Junior National Championships in late June.
- Managing the Date of Birth Verification Process for the USA Junior
- Junior Team sign-up at the USA Junior National Championships.
- Oversight of USATF Coaching Education programs and schools.
- Working with members of USA Track & Field's High Performance Team on the
planning and operation of competitions and related events.
- Assisting in all areas of Coaches Education, Development, Junior National
and Elite training camps.
Requirements for the position include:
- Computer proficient, especially in MS applications including Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Sports background, preferably in track & field or cross-country.
- Energetic self-starter.
- Detail oriented.
Note: All interns with USA Track & Field receive either a stipend or
school credit as well as parking assistance.