Masters Track and Field Annual Active Athletes Report, 2008
for the Reno Convention Prepared Sept. 18, 2008
- Developed directory (name, address, phone, e-mail) of the Active Athletes elected
to serve on the MTF Sport Committee for the 2007 Convention and the 2008 year.
- Sent copy of Active Athletes directory to Norm Green, Chair of the MTF Hall of
Fame Committee; this was done to insure that these individuals would get a ballot
for the Hall of Fame Election which takes place prior to the convention.
- Sent copy of Active Athletes directory to USATF Office.
- Sent copy of Active Athletes directory to all of the athletes on the list.
- Sent E-mails to the Active Athletes on the following topics:
Information about housing for the Boston Indoor Nationals.
Dave Clingans press release announcing the award recipients
Notice that on-line registration was set up for the USATF Convention in Reno
- Conducted correspondence regarding:
Deadline to receive online and mail in entries for the Spokane Outdoor Nationals
WMA Entry form information for Finland helped to make available in Spokane
Schedule of events in Spokane this came out very late this year
Number of active athletes to serve on the MTF Committee (according to Chair,
Jim Murphy, there is no limit)
- Submitted agenda items for MTF Executive Committee meeting in Spokane
- Actively participated in all of the MTF Executive Committee Conference calls
Work in Progress (October - November)
- Send Active Athletes information on the following topics:
Convention schedule of MTF meetings
- Submit agenda items for MTF Executive Committee and MTF Sport Committee
Future Activities: (November)
- Review L &L proposals and other USATF agenda items for the convention
- Send MTF agenda items to the Active Athletes
- Respond to concerns that are addressed to me in my capacity as the Active Athlete Representative on the MTF Executive Committee.