Open 20 km | Open 50 km | Junior 10000m | Youth Honor Roll
2003 USATF National Team - 20 km
The 2003 20km national race walking teams shall be the top eight (8) individual finishers in the women's 20km and men's 20km national championships, plus no more than four (4) additional athletes per event to be selected by the Race Walking Development Subcommittee chair(s) with approval of the chair and vice chair of the Race Walking Committee.
Al Heppner, 29
Steve Quirke, 23
Theron Kissinger, 32
Michelle Rohl, 37
Joanne Dow, 39
Teresa Vaill, 40
Jolene Moore, 39
Amber Antonia, 23
Sam Cohen, 26
Susan Armenta, 29
Bobbi Chapman, 29
Anne Favolise, 20
Cheryl Rellinger, 36
2003 USATF National Team - 50 km
- The 2003 50km national teams will be selected in rank order from a January 1, 2003 to June 30, 2003 performance list (referred to as 2003 performance list below).
- All performances must be made in bona fide race walking competitions, meeting IAAF and/or USATF standards. All events, whose results are to be included in the performance list, must be approved by the race walking chair or his designee in advance of the competition.
- Pre-approved events include: Mexican Walk Week/Pan Am Cup, Tijuana, Mexico IAAF GP); European Athletics Association Walking Meeting, Dudince, Slovakia; Grand Prix Walking, Naumburg, Germany (IAAF GP).
- The national team shall be the top 8 performers. Per race walk committee rules, up to 4 additional team members may be named.
- The World Championships team shall be comprised of the top 3 individuals from the 2003 performance list who have met the A standard during the IAAF qualification period which began on January 1, 2002.
- In the event that 3 individuals are not selected from the 2003 performance lists, athletes who achieved the A standard in 2002 would be named to the World Championship team in rank order of their performances in 2002.
- If fewer than 2 athletes have achieved the A standard in 2002 and 2003, the top A or B standard performer from the 2003 performance list would be named as the sole 50km representative for the World Championships.
- A qualified athlete may choose to compete in the 50km walk at either the IAAF World Championships or Pan American Games but not both events.
- The Pan American Games team shall be comprised of the top 2 individuals from the 2003 performance list that have not elected to participate or are not qualified to participate in the IAAF World Championships per the above criteria.
- All USATF and USOC support programs shall be awarded based upon rank order on the 2003 performance list (e.g. basic grants, health insurance, etc.).
Curt Clausen, 35
Philip Dunn, 31
Sean Albert, 29
Dave McGovern, 38
Gary Morgan, 40
Ben Shorey, 20
Steve Quirke, 23
John Soucheck, 37
Dave Doherty, 32
Nick Bdera, 55
Theron Kissinger, 32
Bill Vayo, 39
2003 USATF Junior National Race Walk Team
The USA Junior National Race Walk Team is made up of the top six finishers from the USA Junior National Championships held in June.
Yellow Springs OH
New Sharon ME
2003 USATF Youth Race Walk Honor Roll
The following athletes are being recognized as the top athletes in their age groups in the Race Walk by USA Track and Field's National Race Walk Committee. The recognition is based upon the athletes' performances in a number of USA Track & Field competitions during the year including the USA Junior National Track & Field Championships, USA Junior Olympic National Championships, and the Youth Athletics Nationals.
Bantam Girls(Born in 1993,94,95)
Midget Girls (Born in 1992, 91)
Youth Girls (Born in 1990, 89)
Intermediate Girls (Born in 1988, 87)
Young Women (Born in 1986, 85)