The United States 24 Hour National Team will compete in the 2017 International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU) 24 Hour World Championship under the patronage of the IAAF on July 1-2, 2017 in Belfast, Ireland. The United States will be represented by the USATF 24 Hour Team of up to six men and six women ultra marathon runners. The Team and alternates will be selected by the USATF Mountain, Ultra, and Trail Council (MUT) which was established in 1998 to help USATF administer ultra running in the United States
Qualifying window: 10/1/2015 through- April 2, 2017 *See Standard 4 below for 2015 U.S. National Championship exemption to qualification window*
Team Selection: Monday and Tuesday, April 3-4, 2017
Team Announced: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Standards for Consideration to the 2017 U.S. National 24 Hour Team To be considered for the USA 24 Hr National Team, runners must be citizens of the United States of America and be current USATF members and meet one of the following qualification standards.
1. Athletes who place in the top-3 (gold, silver, or bronze medal position) at the 2015 IAU World 24 Hr Championship will receive automatic selection to the 2017 Championship.
2. The winner of the 2016 U.S. National 24 Hr Championship will receive automatic selection to the 2017 Championship (provided the date of the 2016 U.S. National Championship is at least 6 months prior to the announced date of the 2017 World Championship) AND Provided they meet minimum qualifying standards of Male- 140 MILES (225.302 Kilometers) Female- 125 MILES (201.162 Kilometers).
3. Athletes who meet the following qualifying standards for distance within the specified qualifying window will be entered into the pool of qualified athletes- Male- 140 MILES (225.302 Kilometers) Female- 125 MILES (201.162 Kilometers)
4. Qualifying distance marks will be accepted from the 2015 U.S. National 24 Hr Championship (North Coast 24 Hour- September 19-20, 2015)
5. All remaining Team positions for both Men and Women (up to a total team membership of 6 Men and 6 Women) will be filled based on qualifying performances in 24-hour races or certified 24-hour splits in multiday fixed-time races, courses or tracks, in races which provide lap-recording to USATF and IAAF standards, in rank order.
6. Minimum standards for consideration- Male- 140 MILES (225.302 Kilometers) Female- 125 MILES (201.162 Kilometers)
7. Athletes interested in qualifying for consideration are urged to confirm that courses they may compete on are certified for distance and sanctioned by USATF or appropriate NGB (check race website or contact Race Director).
Qualifiers are as follows (as of 10/28/2016)
Women (Minimum 125 miles (201.162Km)
1. Katalin Nagy 151.926 Miles (244.495Km) 2015 IAU World 24 Hr Championship, Torino, Italy (Gold Medalist- AUTO) 4/12/2015
2. Traci Falbo 148.971 Miles (239.740KM)2015 IAU World 24 Hr Championship, Torino, Italy (Silver Medalist- AUTO) 4/12/2015
3. Jenny Hoffman 142.02 Miles (228.510Km) North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH, 9/18/2016 (AUTO)
4. Pam Proffit Smith 143.6607 Miles (231.199Km) Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 24 Hr, Sharon Hill, PA 5/15/2016
5. Megan Alvarado 140 Miles (225.302 Km) NJ Trail Series One Day, Sussex, NJ, 11/12/2016
6. Jenny Hoffman 138.3757 Miles (222.694Km) 2015 North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH 9/20/2015
7. Melanie Rabb 136.9499 Miles (220.399Km) Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 24 Hr, Sharon Hill, PA 5/15/2016
8. Courtney Dauwalter 135.7 Miles (218.387Km) FANS 24 Hr, Minneapolis, MN 6/4/2016
9. Laurie Dymond 135.503 Miles (218.070Km) 2015 North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH 9/20/2015
10. Laurie Dymond (2) 133..2217 Miles (214.399Km) Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 24 Hr, Sharon Hill, PA 5/15/2016
11. Megan Stegemiller 129 Miles (207.605Km) New Jersey One Day, Hamburg, NJ, 11/8/2015
12. Katalin Nagy(2) 129 Miles (207.600Km) Desert Soltstice 24 Hr, Phoenix, AZ 12/20/2015
13. Eileen Torres 127.02 Miles (204.418Km) Across the Years 24 Hr, Phoenix, AZ 12/28/2015
14. Tara Langdon 126.0 Miles (202.777Km) Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 24 Hr, Sharon Hill, PA 5/15/2016
Men (Minimum 140 miles (225.302Km)
1. Olivier Leblond 148.55 Miles (239.016Km) North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH, 9/18/2016. (AUTO)
2. Pete Kostelnick 163.68 Miles (263.418Km) Desert Soltstice 24 Hr, Phoenix, AZ 12/20/2015
3. Harvey Lewis 157.9081 (254.128Km) Miles North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH 9/20/2015
4. Olivier Leblond 153.2339 Miles (246.606Km) North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH 9/20/2015
5. Bob Hearn 149.24 Miles (240.185Km) Desert Soltstice 24 Hr, Phoenix, AZ 12/20/2015
6. Joe Fejes 145.582 Miles (234.291Km) Dia de los Muertos, Lillington, NC 10/24/2015
7. Adrian Stanciu 144.87 Miles (233.095Km) North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH, 9/18/2016.
8. Olaf Wasternack 140.8507 Miles (226.677Km) North Coast 24 Hr, Cleveland, OH 9/20/20150
9. Rich Riopel 142.0 Miles (228.520 Km), NJ Trail Series One Day, Sussex, NJ, 11/12/2016
**Please submit notification of athletes missed in this ranking list to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include athlete name, race name, race date, and URL for race if possible.**