2011 Coaching Enhancement Grants
USATF is pleased to offer the following grants for the 2011 year to assist coaches in opportunities to enhance their professional growth. An application within the stated timeline is required of interested candidates. Please send completed applications to Terry Crawford, Director of Coaching, email@example.com. All applications will be forwarded to the grants sub-committee of the Coaches Advisory Committee. Selection and notification to recipients will be made within 10 days of the event’s application deadline.
1. USATF / IAAF Academy for Sprints & Hurdles, January 1-7, 2012 at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, California. In partnership with the IAAF, USATF Coaches Education will offer the highest level of certification for an internationally recognized coach. Completion of all components of the course entitles a coach to receive a USATF/IAAF Diploma in the sprints and hurdles. CEU and graduate credit is available from Indiana University, the sponsoring university required of all IAAF Academy courses. IAAF Lead Instructors, Loren Seagrave and Dr. Elio Locatelli along with Dr. Ralph Mann, USATF Sprint Biomechanist and Dr. Robert Chapman, USATF Associate Director of Sport Science, will act as the lead instructors for the Academy. For more detailed information visit the USATF/IAAF Academy website.
Grant: Four (4) $1200 grants will be awarded to cover tuition and shared room/board costs. Grant recipients will be responsible for their travel expenses to Chula Vista. The Olympic Training Center will provide shuttle service from the San Diego airport to the Olympic Training Center.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2011.
1. Coach must be a member of the Coaches Registry.
2. Coach must have successfully completed the Level 2 sprints/hurdles/relays course.
3. Coach must be actively coaching, preferably athletes who are 16 years or older.
4. Coach should have a minimum of 8 years of full time coaching experience.
5. Coach has qualified an athlete to the Sr./Jr. National Championships in the last five years.
6. Coach must submit a two paragraph position statement on goals for attending the Academy.
2. Podium Education Project, November 30, 2011 in St. Louis, Missouri. The program will be held in conjunction with the USATF Annual Meeting, December 1-3, 2011. USATF’s high performance symposium will offer cutting edge research and training methods to impact the athletic performance for aspiring world class athletes. Detailed information and topics can be found in the special programs section of Coaches Education at www.usatf.org. For hotel information go to http://www.usatf.org/annualmeeting
Grants: Ten (10) $500 grants towards travel expenses
Application Deadline: September 1, 2011
1. Member of the USATF Coaches Registry
2. Level 2 Coaching Education certificate
3. Current Coach at high school or college, professional level
4. Application that includes a half page philosophical statement on career goal
Additional opportunities will be posted on an ongoing basis.
2011 Coaching Enhancement Grant Application
Terry Crawford - firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-713-4671