USA Track & Field, the National Governing Body for track & field, long-distance running and race walking, is seeking a motivated web developer to program and integrate New Media and interactive technologies into the current USATF Website, www.usatf.org, and provide back-end program support to the database-driven portions of the site. Based in Indianapolis, the position will help lead USATF’s Web presence, attracting Website traffic and serving our customers.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, enthusiastic, and open to multiple viewpoints and will creatively apply technologies to USATF’s Web site to further our direct outreach with fans and customers. Direct experience with Kentico’s content management system will be strongly considered.
- Design, develop, and support object oriented web services and web based applications to be used in a high-use production environment
- Would work within our CMS (Kentico) to extend and add functionality
- Maintain, develop and enhance the database-driven portions of the site, modifying as needed and identifying the needs of USATF departments in this area
- Ensure security of the site, including e-commerce
- Ultimately lead the migration of existing code to a new database-driven Web site and programs
- Would report to the lead Internet Application Developer, and would work closely with the Web Applications Manager and Internet Publishing Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field is desired, but Associate degree with 2+ years of experience, or 4+ years of on-the-job experience will be considered
- Proficiency using Visual Studio 2010
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required
- Experience using source control, and working with a team is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage relational databases, including Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting Web servers (Windows/IIS platform experience is required)
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work with various departments and organizational constituents
USATF is accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone inquiries. Please mark all correspondence with "Web Developer" and send your resume, including links to Web sites demonstrating work product to:
USATF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, veteran status, or other protected classes. USATF encourages minorities and women to apply.